Friday, December 3, 2010

Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge 2011


One of the reading challenges I will participate in this year is The Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge, hosted by Book Chick City. I plan to read at least 24 books in these genres.

This is the books I am planning to read ( might change):

1. Laurell K. Hamilton: Burnt Offerings ( Anita Blake 7)
2. Laurell K. Hamilton: Blue Moon ( Anita Blake 8)
3. Laurell K. Hamilton: Obsidian Butterfly ( Anita Blake 9)
4. Laurell K. Hamilton: Narcissus in Chains ( Anita Blake 10)
5. Laurell K. Hamilton: Cerulean Sins ( Anita Blake 11)
6. Laurell K. Hamilton: Incubus Dreams ( Anita Blake 12)
7. Kelley Armstrong: Stolen
8. Kelley Armstrong: Bitten
9. Colleen Gleason: Rises the Night ( Gardella Vampire Chronicles 2)
10. Colleen Gleason: The Bleeding Dusk ( Gardella Vampire Chronicles 3)
11. Colleen Gleason: When Twilight Burns ( Gardella Vampire Chronicles 4)
12. Colleen Gleason: As Shadows Fade ( Gardella Vampire Chronicles 5)
13. Marie Treanor: Blood on Silk
14. Kim Harrison: Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows 1)
15. Kim Harrison: The Good, the Bad and the Undead ( The Hollows 2)
16. Kim Harrison: Every Which Way But Dead ( The Hollows 3)
17. Kim Harrison: A Fistful of Charms ( The Hollows 4)
18. Charlaine Harris: Living Dead in Dallas ( Sookie Stackhouse 2)
19. Charlaine Harris: Club Dead ( Sookie Stackhouse 3)
20. Charlaine Harris: Dead to the World ( Sookie Stackhouse 4)
21. Charlaine Harris: Dead as a Doornail ( Sookie Stackhouse 5)
22. J.R. Ward: Lover Awakened ( BDB 3)
23. J.R. Ward: Lover Revealed ( BDB 4)
24. J.R. Ward: Lover Unbound ( BDB 5)
25. J.R. Ward: Lover Enshrined (BDB 6)
26. J.R. Ward: Lover Avenged (BDB 7)
27. Cassandra Clare: City of Bones
28. Cassandra Clare: City of Ashes
29. Cassandra Clare: City of Glass
30. Lara Adrian: Kiss of Crimson ( The Midnight Breed 2)

As you can see, my main goal in this challenge is to read through a lot of the series I have stacked in my TBR - pile.

3 comments:

Yuko86 said...

I have a question for you: do you think that Gardella Chronicles are Urban Fantasy? I don't know where to place these books because they're settled in '800 and urban fantasy usually is settled nowadays 0.o

yuko86@Reading For Books

The Norwegian BookGirl said...

Great question! I have been wondering about that myself, but I read an interview with Colleen Gleason where she stated that her books are labeled historical urban fantasy by many readers. And if you google the books, they are tagged as Urban fantasy a lot of places.

Curling up by the Fire said...

I've been debating about this one, though it looks like fun. I actually have all of the books you've listed on my bookshelf, none having been read except one Anita Blake. I think it's time to clear that TBR pile (lol)!!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Kimla's Storytime kit.