Monday, July 19, 2010

Guilty Pleasures, Laurell K. Hamilton




Publisher: Headline Publishing Group
Format:
Paperback
Pages:
352
Source:
Bought from Play














"The fantastically addicitive first Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, novel 'I don't date vampires. I kill them.' My name is Anita Blake. Vampires call me the Executioner. What I call them isn't repeatable. Ever since the Supreme Court granted the undead equal rights, most people think vampires are just ordinary folks with fangs. I know better. I've seen their victims. I carry the scars...But now a serial killer is murdering vampires -- and the most powerful bloodsucker in town wants me to find the killer."

(From BookDepository)


Background:
"Guilty Pleasures" was first released in 1993. Laurell K. Hamilton spent over two years tracking down a publisher that were willing to publish the novel. 17 years have passed, and the books about Anita Blake have become bestsellers. So far six million copies have been sold. That's quite amazing, don't you think?

Story:
Anita Blake has a very exceptional job: She makes the dead rise. She is also a vampire hunter and hates bloodsuckers more than anything in the world. But she is apparently not the only one with an aversion against vampires. A serial killers is bringing fear into the vampire community and Anita Blake is asked to find him.

Main Character:
I simply adore Anita Blake. She is strong, witty, cynical, adorable, funny, good looking, tough and vulnerable. There is so much about her, the readers can't help just loving her.

The Book:
It is not difficult to understand why this series has become so popular. I mean, it literally has everything: romance, suspense, mysteries, great characters, humour and lots of paranormal stuff. I was taken away. I can't wait to read more about Anita and all the other characters.


2 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Great review!! Thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog :) I can't wait to read your review of By Midnight!

The Norwegian BookGirl said...

Thank you :) Like I said in the comment on your blog: your blog is truly beautiful.

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Kimla's Storytime kit.