Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WOW: The Replacement

Waiting on Wednesday (WOW) is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we showcase the books we are dying to get our hands on.

My pick this week is "The Replacement" by Brenna Yovanoff

" Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world. Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.Edward Scissorhands meets The Catcher in the Rye in this wildly imaginative and frighteningly beautiful horror novel about an unusual boy and his search for a place to belong."
(Description from Amazon.com)

I have read some great reviews for this book, and it seems like the kind of book I would really enjoy. I am so looking forward to it.

Here is the booktrailer:



And another:


7 comments:

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

i am looking forward to this a lot - preordered it ages ago!

Book Junkies said...

Oh I want to read this one so badly! I can't wait for it to come out. Great pick :)

-Ashley

Sarah said...

I am looking forward to this one as well. It sounds really intriguing and unique!

Jennifer Louise said...

Oh, this looks great!

Amanda said...

There's an award for you over at my blog!

Leslie said...

Good Morning, I was reading posts in book blogs this morning and came acroos yours. I really enjoy what you are doing. The Replacement sounds like a dark and yet good book It looks like a must to put on my TBR list. I am now following.
Thank you.

Caiden said...

God blesss

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Kimla's Storytime kit.