Sunday, August 14, 2011

In My Mailbox #32

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the Story Siren, where we talk about the books we got our hands on last week.

I have not done an In my Mailbox - post since april. After that I have been attending Book Expo America, have gotten some books for review and bought a lot of books. The post would have been too long if I should have written about each book, so this is a selection of books I have accquired during the summer.

For review:

Rebecca Lim: Exile Lizzie Enfield: What You Don't Know


Eowyn Ivey: The Snow Child

Louisa Young; My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You


Moira Young: Blood Red Road ( e-galley)



K.K Ross: Daughter of the Centaurs (e-galley)


Jenny Wingfield: The Homecoming of Samuel Lake (e-galley)


Juliet Grey: Becoming Marie Antoinette (e-galley)

Juliet Dark: The Demon Lover (e-galley)

Mike Mullin: Ashfall (e-galley)
Sylvia Day: A Touch of Crimson (e-galley)

Mary McGarry Morris: Light from a Distant Star (e-galley)

R. William Bennett: Jacob T. Marley (e-galley)

Julie Kagawa: The Iron Knight (e-galley)



Mette Ivie Harrison: Tris & Izzie (e-galley)



Stacia Brown: Accidents of Providence (e-galley)


Adrian McKinty: Deviant (e-galley)


Cayla Kluver: Legacy (e-galley)


Bought:

Rachel Caine: Working Stiff

Melissa Marr: Enthralled

Alyson Noel: Everlasting






Ellen Feldman: Next to Love


Sarah Addison Allen: The Girl Who Chased the Moon

Sarah Addison Allen: Garden Spells

Sarah Addison Allen: The Peach Keeper


I read The Sugar Queen, and fell completely in love with this author's writing style, so I bought the rest of her books too.

Vanessa Diffenbaugh: The Language of Flowers


Katherine Webb: The Unseen


Chevy Stevens: Never Knowing


Sarah Blake: The Postmistress

Jennifer Donnelly: The Tea Rose



Kathleen Grissom: The Kitchen House
Michelle Moran: Madame Tussaud


I have been hooked on historical novels lately, and I have not bought a lot of YA - titles since I received so many at BEA. I need to read those first. But I have preordered some titles, that I will show to you once they show up in my mailbox during autumn.

What did you get in your mailbox?



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Blood Red Road was pretty epic. I have The Iron Knight waiting for me on my nook. Enjoy your books :)

Stop by my IMM if you get a chance :)

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

Wow, that was great bunch of book! I hope you enjoy each and every one of them :)

Aleeza said...

damn, that's a lotta books! blood red road is SO GOOD! i'm dying to read exile...i had it on netgalley but it expired so boooo. :P

and i ordered the tea rose from amazon ages ago, but it's still yet to get here. i have a hugggge author-crush on jennifer donnelly. if you haven't read them yet, i really recommend a northern light and revolution. they were life-changing reads for me :)

Shoshanah said...

You've picked up so many books! There's a bunch of these I've been wanting to read, especially Becoming Marie Antoinette. And you have to read The Tea Rose! I loved it, and its sequel, and just started the 3rd in the trilogy.

Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea said...

Wow...that's a lot. Got Mercy to start soon...The Tea rose looks good, as does Working stiff. Enjoy them all.
Nina @ Death Books and Tea

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! The Becoming Marie Antoinette has a great cover and sounds really interesting. I want to read The Tea Rose too.
My IMM

LoveOfBooks said...

I just got The Demon Lover too! Can't wait to read it. You definitely have a good IMM.

-New follower-

Christy @ Love of Books

.

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

You got a nice list of books this week in your mailbox. I got the Demon Lover this week too.
I hope you like your new books,
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Sash and Em said...

Gardenspell has a very pretty cover! Hope you enjoy all of these great looking books!

Check out Sash's IMM!
Also check out our GREAT giveaways!

Chachic said...

Oooh I love Sarah Addison Allens novels! They feel like comfort reads even when you read them for the first time. My favorite is Garden Spells. I hope you enjoy reading all of the books that you got. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Kimla's Storytime kit.