Friday, April 8, 2011

Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop 8/4 - 10/4



This is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee. Find out more about it here.

This week's question: Do you judge a book by it's cover?

Yes, I do. When shopping books I often buy the book with the best cover, not the cheapest one (if there are multiple editions of a book in sale). There are a lot of great covers. I love the Norwegian edition of A Discovery of Witches, which just came for sale here.

And I also love the covers for the Fallen Angels series by Lauren Kate.

The hop is hosted by Crazy for Books.
Book Blogger Hop


6 comments:

Vampires and Tofu said...

Your Discovery of Witches cover is sooo much better than the US version!

Megan Swicegood said...

Wow! The Norwegian cover is way better than the U.S. Cover (and I don't think the U.S. cover is ugly). I love your comment about buying the prettiest cover! I do that too!

Megan @ Read It, See It

Aimee said...

That is a pretty cover! I'm a new follower. My FF is at Coffee Table Reviews

aLmYbNeNr said...

I haven't heard of that book but it looks interesting!
I hope you have a good weekend! :)

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I think buying the prettiest cover is kind of cool. I never really see multiple covers so I never thought of it before.

Howard Sherman said...

I think we can all agree that even the most beautiful book cover can't sell a book if the writing's not there. Book cover art may, at best, help steer me in the book's direction (especially if I'm in a book store) but it's not going to hypnotize me into buying it right then and there.

I expound on all the marketing qualities of a good book. Just follow me back to my book blog - http://www.howardsherman.net

Thank God it's Follow Friday!?

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Kimla's Storytime kit.