Sunday, September 19, 2010

Going to London!

I am packing my suitcase for a trip to London tomorrow. I got the trip as a birthday present from my boyfriend this summer, and finally the day of departure is near.

London is one of my favorite cities. I simply love it! The atmosphere, the people, the history, the shops and the restaurants....I love everything about it.

I plan to visit some of the bookstores while I am there, so I would be very happy if you could give me some hints as to which stores are the best to visit. Are there for example any stores that specializes in Young Adult or the supernatural? Are there some stores that have more bargains than the others? Every advice you could give me, will be accepted with open arms!

I have big problems deciding which books are going to keep me company on the plane and the bus ride from Gatwick, a problem I have every time I am traveling. I think I am going to bring a book called "Rubyred". The book isn't translated into English yet, but it was published in Norwegian this autums ( it is originally from Germany) and is a young adult novel about love, time travel etc. It is fantastic so far. I am also pondering if I should bring an Anita Blake novel or "Bitten" by Kelley Armstrong. And I need to pack a crime novel. So many choices *laughs*

Before I go, I want to apologize for not writing a lot of posts these past weeks. I have been totally svamped with work, studies and some family related things - the days haven't had all the hours I have needed. I am so very sorry for this, my conscience are pitch black and I feel so guilty. I have done a lot of reading, and will post the reviews when I am back from London.

Again, I am so sorry for the lack of reviews. I will do better. I promise. Thank you for reading my blog and commenting on the posts. I really appreciate it!

Wish you all a great sunday and a fantastic week :) Enjoy your books!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Have a great time in London! I wish I was going!

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in London :) I've never been there myself so unfortunatly I don't have any bookish tips for you. I do hope you get some great advice here.

I think I'll have to check out "Rubyred".

Mia Birgitte said...

Waterstones! I know there is one close to Leicester Square (or was it Trafalgar Square?) and one close to Covent Garden. There are probably more, though. :)
Also, WHSmith is awesome, so you should definitely visit one of them as well.
As for more unique, not-a-chain-book-shop, I don't know any, as I lived in Norwich, not London. :)

Have a lovely time in wonderful England!

A Life Bound By Books said...

Have a great time in London! I love that city too!! It's been awhile since I was lucky enough to be able to visit, but I do make it to the UK about once a year... just not to London :)

Can't wait to hear all about your trip, and have a great time shopping for books! :D

Fi-chan said...

enjoy your trip! London is my favourite city on Earth at the moment, because I have yet to visit other cities and London :(

Unknown said...

Have a great time! I LOVE Londdon, have a blast! :-D

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

check out forbidden planet on shaftesbury avenue - just looks like a boy sci fi shop but their book selection is good - they have a dedicated young adult section and often have signed bits. Foyles on Charing Cross is also very good

BookQuoter said...

London is also my top favorite city (well, tied with New York!!).
Enjoy every minute of it!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Kimla's Storytime kit.