Sunday, September 5, 2010

In My Mailbok (4)

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where we talk about the books that arrived in our mailbox the last week.

Since I didn't do a mailbox - meme last weekend, these books are for two whole weeks:

For review:
Wendy Delsol: Stork (ARC)
Gregory Maguire: Lost
Kirsten Miller: The Eternal Ones
Anthology: Kisses from Hell
Helen Grant: The Glass Demon ( in Norwegian)
Michael Grant: Gone (in Norwegian)
Michael Grant: Hunger ( in Norwegian)

Bought:
Philippa Gregory: The Red Queen
Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games (in Norwegian)
Suzanne Collins: Catching Fire ( in Norwegian)

This is the first time I have gotten an ARC, and I am so excited about that. The cover is beautiful and the story seems great. Can't wait to read it.

What did you get in your mailbox?

10 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Stork is on my wishlist. It takes place in Minnesota which is my home state. That interests me. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy all your books - I just got the chance to read Stork, I really enjoyed it so unusual!! :)

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, great books this week! Looking forward to your thoughts on Stork.

Enjoy!

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

Wow- Congrats on the ARC and Stork definitely looks great!! Also, enjoy The Hunger Games series!!=) I love it to no end!!=)

Happy Reading!
http://bit.ly/9hmI1q

Alison Can Read said...

Great reads. I'm a new follower.
Is there usually a long wait before books are translated into Norwegian? I would think so except for highly anticipated books.
My IMM

prophecygirl said...

The Hunger Games is amazing and I really liked The Eternal Ones. Happy reading! :)

A Life Bound By Books said...

The Hunger Games books are amazing! I hope you enjoy those. I LOVED Gone By Michael Grant, and I really need to read the next two in the series. Recently read the Eternal Ones and I loved how different it was.

I hope you enjoy them all! Happy Reading! :D

Alexandra said...

Can you please tell me how you managed to get the ARC of Stork although you don't live in the US?

The Norwegian BookGirl said...

@Kathy: That was a lot of great books :)

@Book Crazy Jenn: That sounds great.

@Dazzling Mage: Thank you :)

@LLL Reviews: I decides it was time I read it, since everyone is raving about it.

@Alison: Thanks for following me :) It depends. The Norwegian translation of "Mockingjay" is going to be released September 15th. The publishers try to release highly anticipated titles early, but many titles are never translated into Norwegian. The first book in The Immortal series by Alyson Noel was released this August.

@prophecygirl: Sounds great :)

@A Lie Bound By Books: I think I need to do my own, private read - a thon soon ;)

@Alexandra: I received the ARC of Stork from the publisher. Given the book's use of Norse mythology, I guess it was thought I would be a good fit to review it, since I live in Norway.

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

Congratulations on you first ARC, it is great fun to receive when it's a book you want to read.

Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Kimla's Storytime kit.